|Directions: Write a response to any of the writing prompts given below.
- If you could change one major historical event from the past, what would you change and why?
- What does the word "courage" mean to you?
- What is the hardest thing about writing for you and why? The easiest thing about writing?
- If you could invite a famous person from history to your party, who would you invite and why?
- Suppose you invent a time machine that can take you back to any time in the past. Write a story about what you would do with it.
- Suppose you invent a time machine that can take you to any time in the future. Write a story about what you would do with it.
- What if you could trade places with one of your favorite sports hero or a movie star ...
- One day the President of United States visits your school ...
- Your science experiment went really wrong ...
- Tell a story about children who live in a world where there is no such thing as television, computers, or electronic games.
- Tell a story about your ideal place to live. What would it be like to live there?
- Tell a story about a day in which everything seemed to go wrong.