|Here are the steps in a typical writing process:|
1. Doing research and brainstorming
2. Preparing a draft
3. Revising for completeness and organization
4. Editing for grammar and spelling
Here are suggestions for doing research on your topic:
- Talk to your teacher, parent, or a local librarian to find out good sources of information for your topic.
- Collect relevant reference sources such as encyclopedias, atlases, almanacs, fact books, text books, and magazines. Often, websites and other online resources are good sources of information as well.
- Go through your reference sources and take notes.
- Organize your notes, brainstorm, and prepare your first draft.
Directions: Select one of the topics given below, do research, and write an essay.
- What causes the holes in the ozone layer of Earth's atmosphere? Is there any way we can reverse this phenomenon?
- Discuss the causes of The American Civil War.
- Discuss and evaluate arguments for and against animal rights
- Home-school education vs. public school education
- Discuss the causes of The Great Depression.
- How can the rainforests be protected?