Properties of Rectangle:
- Opposite sides of a rectangle are equal or congruent.
- Opposite angles of a rectangle are equal.
- All its angles are right angles; or
- The diagonals of a rectangle bisect each other.
- Each diagonal divides the rectangle into two congruent triangles.
- The diagonals of a rectangle are equal.
- Both pairs of opposite sides are equal and one angle is 90°; or
- Both pairs of opposite sides are equal and its diagonals are equal.
- A quadrilateral is a rectangle if and only if it has four right angles.
ÐA, ÐB, ÐC, ÐD are 900
- A parallelogram is a rectangle, if and only if its diagonals are congruent.
AC @ BD
Directions: Read the above review points carefully and answer the following questions:
- Illustrate each of the above review points by drawing a Rectangle.
- Explain the different properties of a Rectangle, in your own words, with examples.
- Lilly measures her 10 cm x 6 cm garden plot. She found that all its edges are of angle measure 90°. What will be the shape of her garden? Give reasons.
- What will be the value of one of the angles of a rectangle if one side is given by 17 cm and other side by 12 cm? Give reasons.
- If the lengths of the rectangle is x+31 and 5x-9 what is its length.
- For the following rectangle is the diagonal AC=10, find the mÐDOA, mÐBOC, BO, OD, AO, OC, AC