Properties of Square:
- All sides are equal.
- All angles are equal and 900
- The diagonals are equal and bisect each other at right angles.
- Each diagonal divides the square into two congruent triangles.
- A quadrilateral is a square if and only if it is a rhombus and rectangle.
Directions: Read the above review points carefully and answer the following questions:
- Illustrate each of the above review points by drawing different squares.
- Explain in your own words the different properties of squares with examples.
- Draw a square with sides 5 cm and check whether its diagonals are equal.
- Draw a quadrilateral with sides having same measure, one of its angles 90°. Measure its diagonals and angles. Identify which type of quadrilateral is it and give reasons for your answers.
- The diagonals of square ABCD intersect at K. Given that BK=1. Find the measures of the following: KA, KC, KD, AB, BC, CD, DA, mÐAKB, mÐBKC, mÐCKD