- Polygons that have four sides are called quadrilaterals.
- Type of Quadrilaterals: square, rectangle, rhombus, parallelogram, kite, trapezoid.
- Parallelograms have two pairs of parallel sides.
- In a quadrilateral, the line segment joining opposite vertices is called a diagonal.
- Rectangles and squares are special kinds of parallelograms.
- Rectangles have opposite sides parallel and equal.
- Squares have all sides equal.
- A quadrilateral with only one pair of parallel lines is called trapezoid.
- A rhombus is a quadrilateral, with all sides equal, but unequal diagonals.
Directions: Answer the following. Also draw all the kinds of quadrilaterals and write their properties on a sheet of paper.