|The eight parts of speech are: Noun, Adjective, Pronouns, Verb, Adverb, Preposition, Conjunction and Interjection.
1. Nouns: naming words are called nouns. Nouns can be the names of persons, places, animals and things.
2. Verbs: doing or action words are called verbs.
3. Pronoun: words used instead of nouns are called pronouns.
4. Adjective: describing words are called adjectives. They describe a noun.
5.Adverbs: words that describe verbs or adjectives are called adverbs.
6. Prepositions: position words are called prepositions.
7. Conjunction: joining words are called conjunction.
8. Interjections: are words used for showing surprise or any other strong feeling.
Directions: Name the parts of speech of the underlined words. Also write at least three more examples of each part of speech. As a homework, read a book and find at least five examples of each part of speech.