Every paragraph has one main idea. Usually there is a topic sentence in the paragraph that describes the main idea in the paragraph. Rest of the sentences in the paragraph give supporting details.
Directions: For each of the following topic sentences, write three or four supporting sentences.
1. Bob takes karate (or any other) classes.
2. Sally went on a vacation to Niagara Falls (or any other place).
3. Mozart was a great music composer.
4. San Antonio (or any other city) is a beautiful city.
5. Polly baked delicious cookies.