|Sometimes when you need to regroup, there is a zero in the next place. Then you need to regroup in a different way.|
- Subtract the ones, since you cannot take away from zero, you need to regroyo. The zero becomes 10.
- The zero in tens place becomes 9 (since the zero in ones place takes 1 from here)
- Again the zero in hundreds place becomes 9 (since the zero in tens place takes 1 from here)
- The number in thousands place becomes less by 1(since the zero in hundreds place takes 1 from here)
- In ones place, 0 becomes 10.
- In tens place and hundreds place, 0 becomes 9.
- In thousands place, 4 becomes 3.
Directions: Subtract the following. Also write at least ten examples of your own.